Kilmessan Kanine Kennels are situated in a tranquil rural setting of 4.5 acres of land. It is 0.5 of a mile off the Dublin/Trim road and 20 minutes from Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.
It is divided into two large fields. Both fields are surrounded by very secure wire fences with electric wires on top and are totally fully secure. Entrance is by electric gates only. The perimeter of both fields are mowed into lawn tracks for the walking and exercising of dogs. Surveillance cameras monitor the time and date each dog was walked. All areas surrounding the kennels and lands are monitored by hi-tech infrared surveillance cameras and a 24 hour by 30 day cycle.
The kennels are of different sizes and dimensions to accommodate different dog breeds. They are custom built and designed by an architect. They have fully insulated floors, ceilings, doors and double glazing.
- Diabetic dogs catered for. Injections given if requested.
- All dogs are walked individually and walked daily around the perimeter tracks of the fields.
- No 2 dogs are ever walked together except when they are from the same family and share the same kennel
- All walks are monitored by surveillance cameras to establish the date and time walked
- All dogs must have current vaccination certificates including kennel cough vaccine
- All kennels are individual and dogs have no physical contact with other dogs, but can interact with them through the steel mesh fences in the runs
- Dog Bedding if soiled or wet will be washed (subject to size) in our washing machine + dryer (see photo of our wash room on the gallery page)
- The kennels have full public liability insurance
- All kennels have self feeder drinking water bowls 24/7 and are cleaned every Monday.
- All kennels are heated in winter and have background music playing 24/7
- Email & Text will be sent every 3 days to all owners who are boarding their dogs at Free of Charge
- All kennel runs are power washed daily
- All kennels and runs are disinfected when a dog is discharged from the kennels (disinfectant used is environmentally friendly)
- All floors are painted with specially approved paint for boarding kennels and large rubber mats are placed on the kennel floors to improve hygiene & heat purposes
- All dog dirt (poo) and papers are discarded in a specially constructed compost area for environmental purposes
- All locks on doors and gates conform to British and International standards
- Kay or a member of her team is present at the kennels on a 24 hour 7 day basis
- If a dog is on medication, tablets or ointment, they will be administered, a certificate certifying the medication given will be presented to the dog owner when discharged free of charge
Our Team at Paws A While Vets, Trim
Lorraine Toner RVN, Patricia Fagan MRCVS & Emma Hegarty RVN
- A vet is on call 24/7 and Kilmessan Kanine Kennels have a contract with Paws A While veterinary surgeons in Trim to be available on 24 hour 365 day basis
- All dogs are fed with a variety of dog foods that are popular on the market at Kilmessan Kanine Kennels. Various nuts and top quality canned pet food is used. This is included in the cost per day. However, dog owners are welcome to bring their own food and it will be prepared for them in our kitchen in the kennels. Food may also be stored in our fridge/freezer and will be cooked by us in the microwave free of charge. (see photo of our kitchen on the Gallery Page)
- If a dog requires veterinary treatment at the veterinary surgery in Trim, it will be conveyed there free of charge.(see photo of Vets above)
- All kennels are heated in winter by oil filled electric heaters, hot water bottles are provided and given to older dogs or younger dogs or dogs who need a little TLC at no extra charge
- There are two isolation kennels incorporated into the kennels. These are for dogs who find it difficult to socialise with other dogs or may be fearful or nervous of other dogs.